Why celebrate Halloween at home, when you can spend it in one of the world’s five most haunted cities?
Global accommodation website Wotif.com has put together a list of the world’s five most haunted cities. There is one each in Africa, Britain, and the United States. Two of them are located in continental Europe. Can you get which cities they are?
So what better place to do your trick or treating? Check out these Top Five Halloween travel destination and start packing!
- York, England – The Grey Lady was bricked up alive in York’s Theatre Royal (pictured, above), which is one of the ghost friendliest cities in the world. See if you can spot her when taking in a show!
- Prague, Czech Republic – According to legend, the Charles Bridge is haunted by a 12 apparitions – a saint called St. John of Nepomuk, 10 lords executed in the Middle Ages and a water goblin under the bridge.
- New Orleans, United States – Try taking a picture of the Lalaurie Mansion in New Orleans, and you might see odd streaks of light or silhouettes in its windows.
- Paris, France – The Catacombs of Paris contain thousands of bones and skulls cleared from local cemeteries. When you visit, listen for the strange sounds!
- Cape Town, South Africa – According to legend, a ship called the Flying Dutchman was doomed by the Devil to never reach dry land> See if you can spot it sailing off the Cape of Good Hope.