National Football League
Can’t make it to the stadium? Or the Niners are playing out of town? Here are some of the best San Francisco 49ers bars to watch the Red and Gold. Not all of them are bona-fide 49er fan hangouts. But they usually attract 49er fans on game day.
UPDATED FOR THE 2020 NFL SEASON!
San Francisco 49ers Team History
Established in 1946, the San Francisco 49ers are one of the National Football League’s greatest dynasties. In fact, the football team won five Super Bowls between 1981 and 1994.
The San Francisco 49ers are tied with the Dallas Cowboys for second place. Both teams have won five Super Bowls each.
Only the Pittsburgh Steelers have won more Super Bowls. In fact, the Pittsburgh Steelers have won an amazing six Super Bowls!
But the San Francisco 49ers have another stunning record. In fact, they are the ONLY football team in the National Football League to have gone to multiple Super Bowls without ever losing a game.
Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Ronnie Lott, and Bill Walsh are some of the American football greats that have worn the Red and Gold.
World’s Best Party Towns
San Francisco is one of the world’s best party towns. Not only that, watching football games at a sports bar is one of The City’s favourite pastimes.
However, many people from other cities have relocated to San Francisco,. Therefore, many of them remain loyal to their home town teams. For this reason, it can be difficult to find sports bars that are exclusive San Francisco 49er fan hangouts.
Maybe bar owners don’t want to make them feel unwelcome by positioning themselves as 49er bars.
Also, there used to be another NFL team playing just across San Francisco Bay. In fact, the Oakland Raiders also have a large following in Northern California. Will that continue now that the Raiders have moved to Las Vegas?
Best San Francisco 49ers Bars in Northern California
Sports bars sometimes close, and sports fans sometimes migrate to other sports bars. In addition, sports bars sometimes decided to show other events. And they sometimes close for special events.
Therefore, you should always call ahead to make sure they will show the game you want to watch.
- The Bus Stop Saloon – 1901 Union Street, San Francisco, California. Telephone: (415) 567-6905.
- Knuckles at the Wharf – 555 North Point Street, San Francisco, California. Telephone: (415) 749-6161.
- Lone Star Saloon – 1354 Harrison Street, San Francisco, California. Telephone: (415) 863-9999.
- Kezar Pub – 770 Stanyan Street, San Francisco, California. Telephone: (415) 386-9292.
- Jack’s Brewing Company – 39176 Argonaut Way, Fremont, California. Telephone: (510) 796-2036.
- Spin a Yarn – 45915 Warm Springs Boulevard, Fremont, California. Telephone: (510) 656-9141.
- The Good Time Tavern – 125 North Livermore Avenue, Livermore, California. Telephone: (925) 449-3333.
- Parktown Pizza Company – 1350 South Park Victoria Drive, Milpitas, California. Telephone: (408) 263-2131.
- The Sports Page Bar & Grill – 1431 Plymouth Street, Mountain View, California. Telephone: (650) 961-1992.
- Downtown Joe’s – 902 Main Street, Napa, California. Telephone: (707) 258-2337.
- High 5 Pizza – 171 Branham Lane, San Jose, California. Telephone: (408) 629-6800.
- Andy’s BBQ – 2367 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, California. Telephone: (408) 249-8158.
- Bourbon Steak & Pub – 4900 Marie P. DeBartolo Way, Santa Clara, California. Telephone: (408) 217-2490.
- Smitty’s Bar – 214 Caledonia Street, Sausalito, California. Telephone: (415) 332-2637.
- Stadium Pub – 1420 Lincoln Avenue, Walnut Creek, California. Telephone: (925) 256-7302.
Where to Watch the San Francisco 49ers in Other Parts of the Country
The following sports bars often attract San Francisco 49er fans on game day. However, you should always call ahead to make sure they are going to show the game.
- Typhoon Pacific Beach – 1165 Garnet Avenue, San Diego, California. Telephone: (858) 373-3474.
- Lake Alice – 3616 University Avenue, Riverside, California. Telephone: (951) 686-7343.
- Finnerty’s – 221 – 2nd Avenue, New York, New York. Telephone: (212) 677-2655.
- The Town Tavern – 2323 Eighteenth Street NW, Washington, DC. Telephone: (202) 387-TOWN.
If You’re Going to San Francisco
Actually, Levi’s Stadium is roughly 40 miles south of San Francisco.
The drive takes 45 minutes, but could take much longer on game day. On public transport, it can take 2 hours or longer.
In fact, Levi’s Stadium is much closer to San Jose and Silicon Valley than San Francisco.
Therefore, if you plan on staying at a hotel, you should consider whether you want to be closer to the stadium or closer to the City by the Bay.
- Top 12 Hotels Closet to Levi Stadium>>
- If You’re Going to San Francscio (Forget About Wearing Some Flowers in Your Hair)>>
Your Feedback on San Francisco 49ers Bars Wanted
If there are any mistakes in the above list, please let us know. Bars sometimes close and fans sometimes decide to watch games at other sports bars.
Also, if you have any photos of fans watching game at a sports bar, please submit them for publication.
Please leave a comment in the comment box below with any information that needs to be corrected.