Can’t make it to the stadium? Or the Niners are playing out of town? Here are some of the best San Francisco 49ers bars to watch the Red and Gold. Not all of them are bona-fide 49er fan hangouts. But they usually attract 49er fans on game day.
UPDATED FOR THE 2021 NFL SEASON!
In This Post
San Francisco 49ers Team History
Established in 1946, the San Francisco 49ers are one of the National Football League’s greatest dynasties. In fact, the football team won five Super Bowls between 1981 and 1994.
The San Francisco 49ers are tied with the Dallas Cowboys for second place. Both teams have won five Super Bowls each.
Only the Pittsburgh Steelers have won more Super Bowls. In fact, the Pittsburgh Steelers have won an amazing six Super Bowls!
But the San Francisco 49ers have another stunning record. In fact, they are the ONLY football team in the National Football League to have gone to multiple Super Bowls without ever losing a game.
Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Ronnie Lott, and Bill Walsh are some of the American football greats that have worn the Red and Gold.
World’s Best Party Town?
San Francisco is one of the world’s best party towns. Not only that, watching football games at a sports bar is one of The City’s favourite pastimes.
However, many people from other cities have relocated to San Francisco,. Therefore, many of them remain loyal to their home town teams.
For this reason, it can be difficult to find sports bars that are exclusively San Francisco 49er fan hangouts. Maybe bar owners don’t want to make them feel unwelcome by positioning themselves as 49er bars.
Also, there used to be another NFL team playing just across San Francisco Bay. In fact, the Oakland Raiders also have a large following in Northern California. Will that continue now that the Raiders have moved to Las Vegas?
Where to Watch the San Francisco 49ers
Sports bars sometimes close, and sports fans sometimes migrate to other sports bars. In addition, sports bars sometimes decided to show other events. And they sometimes close for catered parties.
Moreover, many bars have temporarily or permanently closed because of COVID-19. Therefore, you should always call ahead to make sure they are open and will show the game you want to watch.
Best San Francisco 49ers Bars in the City
- Blackthorn – 844 Irving Street, San Francisco, California. Telephone: (415) 564-6626.
- Golden Gate Tap Room – 449 Powell Street 2nd Floor, San Francisco, California. Telephone: (415) 677-9999,
- Final Final – 2990 Baker Street, San Francisco, California. Telephone: (415) 931-7800.
- Hi Tops – 2247 Market Street, San Francisco, California. Telephone: (415) 551-2500.
- Greens Sports Bar – 2239 Polk Street, San Francisco, California. Telephone: (415) 775-4287.
- Lone Star Saloon – 1354 Harrison Street, San Francisco, California. Telephone: (415) 863-9999.
- Kezar Pub – 770 Stanyan Street, San Francisco, California. Telephone: (415) 386-9292.
- The Bus Stop Saloon – 1901 Union Street, San Francisco, California. Telephone: (415) 567-6905. – STILL OPEN?
Knuckles – 555 North Point Street, San Francisco, California. Telephone:(415) 749-6161.
Best 49ers Bars in Other Parts of the Bay Area
- The Sports Page Bar & Grill – 1431 Plymouth Street, Mountain View, California. Telephone: (650) 961-1992.
- Downtown Joe’s – 902 Main Street, Napa, California. Telephone: (707) 258-2337.
- High 5 Pizza – 171 Branham Lane, San Jose, California. Telephone: (408) 629-6800.
- Stadium Pub – 1420 Lincoln Avenue, Walnut Creek, California. Telephone: (925) 256-7302.
- Spin a Yarn – 45915 Warm Springs Boulevard, Fremont, California. Telephone: (510) 656-9141.
- The Good Time Tavern – 125 North Livermore Avenue, Livermore, California. Telephone: (925) 449-3333.
- Parktown Pizza Company – 1350 South Park Victoria Drive, Milpitas, California. Telephone: (408) 263-2131.
- Andy’s BBQ – 2367 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, California. Telephone: (408) 249-8158. – STILL OPEN?
- Bourbon Steak & Pub – 4900 Marie P. DeBartolo Way, Santa Clara, California. Telephone: (408) 217-2490. – STILL OPEN?
- Jack’s Brewing Company – 39176 Argonaut Way, Fremont, California. Telephone: (510) 796-2036. – STILL OPEN?
- Smitty’s Bar – 214 Caledonia Street, Sausalito, California. Telephone: (415) 332-2637. – STILL CLOSED?
Best 49ers in Other Parts of the Country
- PT’s Pub – 5355 South Decatur Blvd, Las Vegas, Nevada. Telephone: (702) 899-4312.
- Lake Alice – 3616 University Avenue, Riverside, California. Telephone: (951) 686-7343.
- Finnerty’s – 221 – 2nd Avenue, New York, New York. Telephone: (212) 677-2655. – STILL OPEN?
- The Town Tavern – 2323 Eighteenth Street NW, Washington, DC. Telephone: (202) 387-TOWN.
Typhoon Pacific Beach – 1165 Garnet Avenue, San Diego, California. Telephone: (858) 373-3474. CLOSED?
If You’re Going to San Francisco
Levi’s Stadium is roughly 40 miles south of San Francisco. And the drive usually takes 45 minutes. But itcould take much longer on game day. And on public transport, it can take 2 hours or longer.
In fact, Levi’s Stadium is much closer to San Jose and Silicon Valley than San Francisco.
Therefore, if you plan on staying at a hotel, you should consider whether you want to be closer to the stadium or closer to the City by the Bay.
- Top 12 Hotels Closet to Levi Stadium>>
- If You’re Going to San Francscio (Forget About Wearing Some Flowers in Your Hair)>>
Your Feedback on San Francisco 49ers Bars Wanted
If there are any mistakes in the above list, please let me know. Bars sometimes close and fans sometimes decide to watch games at other sports bars.
Also, if you have any photos of fans watching game at a sports bar, please submit them for publication.
Please leave a comment in the comment box below with any information that needs to be corrected.
As an Amazon Associate, I may earn a commission from qualifying purchases.