Looking for a great sports bar to root for the Kansas City Chiefs? If you can’t watch the game in person or the Chiefs are playing out of town, here are some of the best Kansas CIty Chiefs bars to root for the Chiefs in Kansas, Missouri, and other states.
This post has been updated for the 2021 football season.
In This Post
Brief History of the Kansas City Chiefs
The Kansas City Chiefs play in the Western Division of the American Football Conference of the National Football League.
Founded by Lamar Hunt in 1960 as the Dallas Texans, they were a charter member of the American Football League (AFL).
In 1963, the team relocated to Kansas City, Missouri, and assumed its current name.
The Kansas City Chiefs joined the NFL during the AFL–NFL merger of 1970.
The Kansas City Chiefs won three championships from 1960 to 1969. In fact, the Kansas City Chiefs were the second AFL team (after the New York Jets) to defeat an NFL franchise when they defeated the Minnesota Vikings in Super Bowl IV on 11 January 1970.
Arrowhead Stadium – Home of the Kansas City Chiefs
The Kansas City Chiefs play at Arrowhead Stadium, reputedly the noisiest stadium in the country (but don’t tell that to Seattle Seahawks fans).
Located on 1 Arrowhead Drive in Kansas City, Missouri, the stadium seats 76,416 people. It is one of the few football stadiums in the country that has not been renamed after a corporate sponsor.
If you can’t attend the game at Arrowhead Stadium – or the Chefs are playing out of town – why not root for the team in the comfy confines of a sports bar in the company of like-minded football fans?
Best Kansas City Chiefs Bars in Kansas and Missouri
Bars close and fans migrate to other establishments. Sometimes bars decide to broadcast other events.
So always call ahead to make sure the bar is going to broadcast the game you want to watch.
- Chappell’s Restaurant and Sports Museum – 323 Armour Road, North Kansas City, Missouri. Telephone: (816) 421 0002. Facebook
- Dave and Buster’s – 1843 Village West Parkway #201, Kansas City, Kansas. Telephone: (913) 981-6815. Facebook
- Tanner’s Bar and Grill – 7425 Broadway Street, Kansas City, Missouri. Telephone: (816) 822-7525. Facebook
- The Granfalloon Restaurant and Bar – 608 Ward Parkway, Kansas City, Missouri. Telephone: (816) 753-7850. Facebook – STILL OPEN?
- Minsky’s Pizza – 427 Main Street, Kansas City, Missouri. Telephone: (816) 421-1122. Facebook
- Paddy O’Quigley’s – 5317 West 151st Street, Leawood, Kansas. Telephone: (913) 601-3511. Facebook
- Coach’s Bar and Grill – 414 West 103rd Street, Kansas City, Missouri. Telephone: (816) 941-2286. Facebook
- Nick and Jake’s – 6830 West 135th, Overland Park, Kansas. Telephone: (913) 681-8535. Facebook
Best Kansas City Chiefs Bars in Other States
While not exclusively Kansas City Chiefs hangouts, the following sports bars often attract Chiefs fans on game day. And fans sometimes organize Kansas City Chiefs watch parties at some of them.
But always call ahead to make sure the game you want to watch will broadcast – and that the sound will be turned on!
- John Brown Serious BBQ – 27-20 – 40th Avenue, Long Island City, New York. Telephone: (347) 617-1120. Facebook
- The Bus Stop Saloon – 1901 Union Street, San Francisco, California. Telephone: (415) 567-6905. Facebook
- Don’s Club Tavern – 723 Wast – 6th Avenue, Denver, Colorado. Telephone: (303) 831-0218. Facebook
- The Queen Vic – 1206 H Street Northeast, Washington, DC. Telephone: (202) 396-2001. Facebook
- Blue Diamond Saloon – 6935 Blue Diamond Road, Las Vegas, Nevada. Telephone: (702) 896-1455. Facebook
- Third Base – 3107 South IH 35, Round Rock, Texas. Telephone: (512) 388-2273. Facebook
- Blake Street Tavern – 2301 Blake Street, Denver, Colorado. Telephone: (303) 675-0505. Facebook
- Toon’s Bar and Grill – 3859 North Southport, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (773) 935-1919. Facebook
- Overtime Pizzeria and Sports Pub – 1708 Cape Coral Parkway West, Cape Coral, Florida. Telephone: (239) 541-3367. Facebook
Thanks to the Blue Diamond Saloon in Las Vegas, Nevada, for submitting these photos of football fans rooting for the Kansas City Chiefs.
If You’re Going to Kansas City …
Your Input Wanted
Please leave comments (pro or con) on the above-mentioned Kansas City Chiefs sports bars if you have patronized them in the COMMENT box below.
Also, please let me know if any of these Chiefs’ watch bars have closed – or if Kansas City fans are no longer watching Chiefs games at them.
Your own recommendations on where to watch the Chiefs play football will also be greatly appreciated!