Updated for the 2017 NFL season. The 10 most popular Detroit Lions sports bars in Michigan and 10 more cities in other parts of the country. Please comment on bars and add your own recommendations in the COMMENT box below. Photos of fans at sports bars welcome!
The Detroit Lions are members of the North division of the National Football Conference (NFC) of the National Football League (NFL).
The team was founded in Portsmouth, Ohio, in 1930, and was known as the Portsmouth Spartans. Successful on the field but not at the box office, it moved to Detroit, Michigan, in 1934.
Having won four NFL championships, the Lions are tied for ninth place in terms of championships won among the 32 football teams. That's the good news.
The bad news is that the the Detroit Lions haven't won a championship since 1957. Only the Arizona Cardinals have suffered a longer NFL championship drought that the Lions.
The Detroit Lions are one of only four NFL teams that have never been to the Super Bowl – forget about winning it.
But despite the Lions lack of success on the field, Lions fans are particularly loyal to their team., which many fans think of as the Pride of Detroit.
Where to Watch the Detroit Lions Play in Michigan
The following sports bars are considered to be friendly to fans of the Detroit Lions. Some of them are full fledged hangouts of Detroit Lions fans. Others attract Lions fans on game day.
Always call ahead to make sure the bar will broadcast the game you want to watch.
- Nemo's - 1384 Michigan Avenue, Detroit, Michigan. Telephone: (313) 965-3180. – "Ride the Nemo's Shuttle to and from Detroit games and major events!"
- Detroiter Bar -655 Beaubien Sreet, Detroit, Michigan. TelephoneL (313) 963-3355.
- Andrew's on the Corner – 201 Joseph Campau, Detroit, Michigan. Telephone: (313) 250-8325. – "We provide a complimentary shuttle to Lions and other Detroit events!"
- Bookies Bar & Grille – 2208 Cass Avenue, Detroit, Michigan. Telephone: (313) 962-0319. – "Free shuttles to and from Lions games."
- Detroit Beer Company – 1529 Broadway, Detroit, Michigan. Telephone: (313)
- Harry's Detroit Bar - 2482 Clifford Street, Detroit, Michigan. Telephone: (313) 964-1575.
- Fowling Warehouse - 3901 Christopher Street, Detroit, Michigan. Telephone: (313) 264-1288.
- Elwood Bar and Grill - 300 East Adams Avenue, Detroit, Michigan. Telephone: (313) 962-2337.
- Coaches Corner – 220 Bagley Street, Detroit, Michigan. Telephone: (313) 963-4000.
- Grand Rapids Garage Bar and Grill – 819 Ottawa Avenue Northwest, Grand Rapids, Michigan. Telephone: (313) 963-3355.
Where to Watch the Detroit Lions Play Around the Country
While not exclusively Detroit Lions hangouts, the following sports bars often attract Lions fans on game day. But always call ahead to make sure the game with will broadcast!
- The Tin Lizzy – 2483 North Clark Street, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (773) 549-1132.
- Mercury Bar – 659 – 9th Avenue, New York, NY. Telephone: (212) 262-7755.
- Haymaker – 2310 Manor Raod, Austin, Texas. Telephone: (512) 243-6702.
- Mi-Keys Burgers and Bombs – 811 North Jefferson Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Telephone: (414) 273-5397.
- Pete's Tavern – 128 King Street, San Francisco, California. Telephone: (415) 817-5040.
- Elbow Room Food & Cocktails – 5225 Kearny Villa Road, San Diego, California. Telephone: (313) 874-3526.
- Trusty's Full Serve – 1420 Pennsylvania Avenue Southeast, Washington, DC. Telephone: (202) 547-1010.
- Lucky Jack's Bar & Lounge – 129 Orchard Street, New York, New York. Telephone: (212) 477-6555.
- Courtside Grille – 110 Fountain Parkway North, St. Petersburg, Florida. Telephone: (727) 561–7433.
- Kelly's at South Bridge – 7117 East 6th Avenue, Scottsdale, Arizona. Telephone: (393-3205.
Your Feedback Wanted
Please leave comments on these establishments and/or recommend other sports bars friendly to Lion fans in the COMMENT box below.
Also, would love to liven up this post with some fan shots. Please send photos of Lions fans at sports bars to the Accidental Travel Writer to be added to this post.