Pride parades are expected to be larger than ever – and more joyous than ever – as 2019 marks the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Uprising! The parades in New York and San Francisco will be the largest. GET YOUR PRIDE T-SHIRT NOW!
Gay Pride celebrations are held on different dates in different cities.
In Australia, for example, the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras was held in March. In Amsterdam in the Netherlands it will be held in August. In Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, it will be held in October.
Most Gay Pride Parades in the United States are held in June, which is unofficially known as ‘Gay Pride’ month.
In Anchorage, Baltimore, Boston, Denver, Detroit, Honolulu, Los Angeles, Portland, and Washington, DC, pride parades have already taken place.
Where It All Got Started
The most historically significant Gay Pride Parade, of course, will be held later this month in New York City, where it all got started 50 years ago.
A guide to this weekend’s Top 10 Gay Pride Parades follows (with links for more information). Please note: while most of the parades are taking place on Sunday, and few are being held on Saturday.
We apologize for any mistakes or omissions.
- New York, New York – World Pride Stonewall 50 will be the world’s largest pride parade will step off at 12 noon on 30 June 2019.
- San Francisco, California – San Francisco Pride will step off at at 10.30 am on 30 June 2019.
- Chicago, Illinois – Chicago Pride Parade will step off at 12 noon on 26 June 2016.
- Seattle, Washington – Seattle Pride Parade will step off at 11 am on 30 June 2019.
- Toronto, Ontario – Pride Toronto steps off at 1 pm on Sunday 30 June 2019.
- San Antonio, Texas – Pride Bigger Than Texas Pride Parade will step off at 9 pm on 29 June.
- Minneapolis, Minnesota – Twin Cities Pride – details to follow.
- Paris, France – Marche des Fiertés LGBT will step off at at 2 pm on 29 June.
- Houston, Texas – Houston Pride Parade will step off at 8 pm on 22 June 2019.
- Augusta, Georgia – Augusta Pride – details to follow.
Pride Parades Taking Place Later in the Year
Not all pride celebrations take place in June. Many celebrations have already taken place. And more will take place later in the year.
- London, England – Pride in London will step off at 12 noon on 6 July 2019.
- Vancouver, British Columbia – Vancouver Pride will step off at 12 noon on 4 August 2019.
- Atlanta, Georgia – Atlanta Pride Parade steps off at 12 noon on 13 October 2019.
More pride parades will be added to this list.