Where to Eat in Koh Samui
A Shore Beach Bar is an upscale take of a traditional Thai beach shack. And it overlooks Bophut Beach in Koh Samui, Thailand. Serving a menu ranging from Asian to Mediterranean to International, it is one of five food and beverage outlets at the Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort.
Destination Koh Samui
Koh Samui is one of Thailand’s most popular travel destinations. In fact, it is the country’s second-largest island after Phuket.
Koh Samui is dotted with resorts targeting everyone from backpackers to travelers with deep pockets.
The island is located off the east coast of the Thai mainland in the Gulf of Thailand. And it has its own international airport.
Click HERE for travel information on Koh Samui.
A Shore Beach Bar Overview
The outdoor bar features a blue and white colour scheme, reflecting its marine vibe. However, many of the furniture and furnishings were fashioned from reclaimed objects. For example, an old fishing boat was turned into a beach sofa.
Blue swings, bean bags, and beach beds are scattered across a whitewashed deck, which straddles the swimming pool and the beach.
As the afternoon progresses, DJs start spinning the disks. The beach bar near Fisherman’s Wharf opens at 11 am. And it stays open until 9 pm.
A Shore Beach Bar serves a mouth-watering menu, focusing on rustic Mediterranean dishes with Asian influences.
The menu runs from salads and small plates to pizza, sandwiches, and burgers
The sharing platters are perfect if you hangout out with family ore friends …
- Veggie Platter – Homemade hummus, eggplant dip, guacamole, kalamata olives, sundried tomato, cherry tomato, vegetable crudité, and pita bread
- Samui Seafood Platter – Phuket Lobster, tiger prawns, coconut squid, grilled oysters, seabass in banana leaf, crab fried rice, Thai seafood sauce, chili BBQ sauce, and lime butter.
- Junk Food Platter – Beef sliders, onion rings, chicken nuggets, truffle fries, honey and mustard, Sriracha mayo, and BBQ sauce.
If you want to eat like a local, don’t miss one of these local favourites .
- Phad Thai – rice noodles, bean sprouts, peanuts, chili, and holy basil.
- Phad Gra Prao – wok-fried choice of minced pork or chicken and holy basil
- Gai Phad Med Ma Muang – stir-fried chicken with cashew nuts, onions, bell peppers, dry roasted chili, and spring onions
Make sure to save room for dessert! You won’t want to miss the mango and sticky rice or the coconut panna cotta.
If you want something more traditional, there is also a mixed fruit platter, ice cream, or sorbet. And coconut is my personal favourite!
The drinks menu at this Bophut beach bar runs from classic cocktails, Thai cocktails, and mocktails to champagne, beer, and wine. Needless to say, you can also opt for coffee, tea, and soft drinks.
If you are hanging out with family or friends, opt for one of the following cocktails pitchers:
But the house speciality is loaded shakes!
- Unicorn – Bubblegum milkshake, candy cane, sprinkles, and whipped cream.
- The Cookie Jar – Oreo milkshake, Oreo cookies, whipped cream, and cookie crumble.
- Very Berry – Strawberry milkshake, blueberry compote, whipped raspberry cream, and berry wafers.
- Chocolate Nutella – Nutella milkshake, creamy chocolate sauce, Ferrero Rocher, and crushed hazelnuts.
A.Shore – Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort, Koh Samui, Thailand.
You Might Also Enjoy
- Where to Stay in Koh Samui>>
- Koh Samui: Paradise found?>>
- In Search of Koh Samui’s Most Romantic Restaurant>>
- Sesun Grill and Beach Bar Opens in Koh Samui>>
This post contains affiliate links.