Best place to watch the Arizona Coyotes is Gila River Arena in Phoenix. But what if the Coyotes are playing on the road? Or what if you can’t get (or afford) a ticket to the game? Check out the best Arizona Coyotes bars to watch games with other Yotes fans.
In This Post
Jets/Coyotes Team History
The Arizona Coyotes are a professional ice hockey team in the United States. And it competes in the Pacific Division of the Western Conference of the National Hockey League (NHL).
The team started out in 1972 as the Winnipeg Jets. It played in the World Hockey Association (WHA ) until 1979. When the WHA closed down, he Winnipeg Jets were one of 4 teams to join the NHL.
The others were the Edmonton Oilers, New England Whalers, and Quebec Nordiques.
In 1996, the Winnipeg Jets moved to Phoenix, Arizona. And It called itself the Phoenix Coyotes until 2014. Then it changed its name to the Arizona Cardinals.
The Arizona Coyotes won a division championship in the 2011-12 season. They have never won a conference championship. Needless to say, they have never won the Stanley Cup.
The Yotes play home games at Gila River Arena in Glendale, Arizona.
The arena hosts sporting and entertainment events. In fact, it anchors the Westgate Entertainment District. And it sits 12.5 miles (20 kilometers) northwest of downtown Phoenix.
Best Arizona Coyotes Bars
The following sports bars and restaurants are popular with Arizona Coyote fans. And some of them might even hold Arizona Coyote watch parties.
However, you should always call ahead to make sure they will show the game. Also, ask if the sound will be turned on.
Because of COVID-19, some bars and restaurants have temporarily closed. Unfortunately, some have closed permanently. And others are only serving take-away or making deliveries.
- Caps Sports Grill – 1721 West Rose Garden Lane, Phoenix, Arizona. Telephone: (623) 434-1950. FACEBOOK
- 18 Degrees Neighborhood Grill – 9375 East Bell Road, Scottsdale, Arizona. Tel: (480) 344-2653. FACEBOOK *
- Ice Den Chandler – 7225 West Harrison Street, Chandler, Arizona. Tel: (480) 598-9400. FACEBOOK *
- Goldie’s Sports Cafe – 10135 East Vía Linda, Scottsdale, Arizona. Tel: (480) 451-6269. FACEBOOK *
- Headquarters AZ – 16041 N Arrowhead Fountains Center Dr, Peoria, Arizona. Tel: (623) 547-5577. FACEBOOK *
- Oggi’s Pizza – 6681 West Beardsley Road, Glendale, Arizona. Tel: (623) 566-8080. FACEBOOK *
- Zipps Sports Grill Haden – 8380 East Via de Ventura – 8380 East Vía de Ventura, Scottsdale, Arizona. Tel: (480) 922-1500. FACEBOOK *
- Marjorles Sports Grill – 24 North 2nd Street, Phoenix, Arizona. Tel: (602} 253-0118. FACEBOOK – STILL OPEN?
- Cold Beers & Cheeseburgers – 5625 North 7th Street, Phoenix, Arizona. Tel: (602) 354-8093. FACEBOOK * – STILL OPEN?
ilted Kilt Pub & Eatery – 2 East Jefferson Street #22-217, Phoenix, Arizona. Telephone: (602) 293-3888. FACEBOOK = CLOSED
*Official Arizona Coyote Game Day Bars
A Word to the Wise
While most of these venues tend to attract Arizona Coyotes fans on game day, there are no guarantees.
Sometimes they won’t turn on the sound. And other times they might show other events. In addition, there is always the chance the venue might be booked for special events.
Also, fans sometimes migrate to other venues. And bars sometimes close.
Therefore, you should always call ahead to make sure that the game you want to watch will be broadcast.
Your Input on Arizona Coyotes Bars Wanted
If you have patronized any of these Arizona Coyotes sports bars, please leave comments (pro or con) in the COMMENT box below.
You can mention the ambiance for Arizona Coyotes fans, the visibility of TV screens, the quality of the sound, the food, the service – whatever!
Also, please let me know if any of these Arizona Coyotes watch bars have closed – or if Arizona fans are no longer watching Coyotes games at them.
Your own recommendations on where to watch the Arizona Coyotes play will also be greatly appreciated! Especially welcome would be Coyote-friendly sports bars in other cities!
You Might Also Enjoy …
As an Amazon associate, I may receive a small commission for qualifying sales.