For the first time in 22 years, the Toronto Blue Jays have a shot at the World Series, and baseball fans across Canada are excited. Here’s your guide to the top spots to watch the playoffs – in Toronto and around Canada.
Toronto Blue Jays Team History
The Toronto Blue Jays compete in the East division of the American League of Major League Baseball (MLB).
The Blue Jays are Canada’s only team in the MLB. The Montreal Expos relocated to Washington, DC, in 2004. And they re-christened themselves the Washington Nationals.
The Blue Jays play at Rodgers Centre, a.k.a. the SkyDome.
The baseball team has won six East division titles and two American League pennants.
The baseball team prevailed at both of its trips to the World Series. In fact, they defeated the Atlanta Braves in 1992. And they beat the Philadelphia Phillies in1993.
Where to Watch the Toronto Blue Jays Play Baseball
- The Dock Ellis – 1280 Dundas Street, Toronto, Ontario. Telephone (416) Social Media: Facebook – Twitter – Instagram
- Wayne Gretzky’s – 99 Blue Jays Way, Toronto, Ontario. Telephone (416) 348-0099. Social Media: Facebook – Instagram
- Hoops Sports Bar and Grill – 125 Bremner Boulevard, Toronto, Ontario. Telephone (647) 343-0793.
- Real Sports Bar – 1166 Dundas Street West, Toronto, Ontario. Telephone (416) 792-3513.
- Left Field Brewery – 36 Wagstaff Drive, Toronto, Ontario. Telephone (416) Social Media: Facebook – Twitter – Instagram
- The Senate Sports Tavern and Eatery – 33 Clarence Street, Ottawa, Ontario. Telephone: (613) 695-5523. Social Media: Facebook – Twitter
- Peel Pub – 1196 Peel, Montreal, Quebec. Telephone: (514) 844-7296. Social Media: Facebook – Twitter – Instagram
- Red Card Sports Bar and Eatery – 560 Smithe Street, Vancouver, British Columbia. Social Media: Twitter – Instagram
- Living Room Restaurant and Bar – Belmont Hotel, 654 Nelson Street, Vancouver, British Columbia. Tel: (604) 605-4340
- Schanks Sports Grill – 9927 – 178th Street, Edmonton, Alberta. Telephone: (780) 444-2125; 103 Crowfoot Terrace Northwest, Calgary, Alberta. Telephone: (403) 241-2400; 9627 Macleod Road, Calgary, Alberta. Telephone: (403) 253-7300. Social Media: Facebook
- Shark Club – 233 Hargrove Street, 2nd Floor, Winnipeg, Manitoba. Telephone: (204) 942-7400. Social Media: Facebook – Twitter – Instagram
- Home and Away Bar – 1207 – 1st Street, Calgary, Alberta. Tel: (403) 455-9789.
Your Help Wanted
Bars sometimes close and sometimes fans switch loyalties to other establishments. Please post corrections in the Comment Box below.
Please also feel free to post information about other sports bars friendly to Chicago Cubs fans in the Comment Box.
Where to Eat and Stay in Toronto, Ontario
To find the perfect place to eat:
To find the perfect place to stay:
You Might Also Like …
- An Ice Hockey Fan’s Guide to Toronto, Ontario>>
- Canadian Airline Launches Branded Flight Deck at Toronto Ballpark>>