Where to Eat in Hong Kong
G Room Bar & Lounge is an elegant tapas bar at K11 Musea, which is located on the waterfront in Kowloon. It combines fine dining with music, art, and technology. And the Mediterranean-style tapas have a subtle Southeast Asian twist!
In This Post
G Room Bar and Lounge is the newest restaurant in the Hong Kong-based Gaia Group.
In fact, G Room is one of nearly 40 eateries in the Gaia Group. And they include both Western and Asian restaurants. While some of them are fine-dining establishments, others feature a more laid-back ambiance.
In addition to Hong Kong, the group has restaurants in Bangkok, Thailand, as well as Beijing, Shanghai, and Shao Xing, China. The group was established in 2000.
G Room Overview
The restaurant opens for lunch. It serves afternoon tea. And it remains open through dinner until midnight. The menu runs from starters to mains to desserts.
Regarding ambiance, the restaurant has 360ᐤ ultra-high definition screens, which display looping custom-created vistas.
In fact, they range from peaceful forest scenes to swaying flowers to dramatic views of Hong Kong’s iconic skyline at night. And the visual extravaganza is enhanced with corresponding background music.
G Room Menu
The focus at G Room is on seasonality and quality, with a distinctive East meets West interpretation of Mediterranean-style tapas. Menu highlights include…
- Whole Lobster “Paella” – a combination of succulent whole Boston Lobster with crisp Asian-style fried rice and premium Iberico ham.
- G Room Seafood Platter – an assortment of deep-fried premium prawns, flavourful Jack mackerel, and calamari, served with deep-fried zucchini, exotic Thai-style fish cakes, Spanish ham, and oven-fresh potato croquettes.
- Abalone Shisho Sea Urchin Pasta – ocean-fresh abalone and sea urchin, seasoned with aromatic olive oil, garlic, and a dash of shisho.
- Japanese Egg, Shaved Truffle, and Iberico Ham – Iberico ham that has been aged for 36 months. served with poached Japanese egg with shaved truffles.
G Room Cocktails
Not surprisingly, the mixologists at the bar and lounge serve some carefully crafted cocktails. Highlights include…
- G Room Sangria Jar – fresh seasonal fruits mixed with a blend of Spanish red wine, white wine, Moscato, and premium rum.
- The Wasagin – an exclusive concoction inspired by the classic South Side, but infused with persimmon liqueur for a sweet note and a hint of wasabi for a kick of spice.
- Jamón Rock – featuring Serrano ham fat wash bourbon whiskey and served with crispy Iberico ham on the side to reinforce the smokiness.
G Room – Shop 504, 5/F, K11 Musea, Victoria Dockside, 18 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong. Telephone: (852) 2332-6662.
K11 has direct access to the Tsim Sha Tsui and Tsim Sha Tsui East MTR stations. In addition, it is a short walk from the Star Ferry, the Hong Kong Cultural Centre, Nathan Road, and Canton Road.
You Might Also Enjoy …
For More Information …