Where to Eat in Hong Kong
Giacomo Ristorante and Caffe serves Southern Italian cuisine. And it is the signature food and beverage outlet at the Crowne Plazas hotel in the heart of Causeway Bay on Hong Kong Island. The fine-dining restaurant has an opulent neo-classic ambiance.
In This Post
Giacomo Ristorante and Caffe is the signature food and beverage outlet at the Crowne Plaza Hong Kong Causeway Bay on Hong Kong Island.
In fact, the restaurant is one of six food and beverage outlets at the five-star hotel.
Also, the hotel has two Japanese restaurants, with one specializing in sushi. In addition, there is a French-Japanese restaurant, a fine-dining Chinese restaurant, and a casual outlet overlooking the swimming pool.
As a fine-dining restaurant, Giacomo specializes in Southern Italian cuisine.
The dining room has hardwood floors, high-corniced ceilings, and pale blue-grey paneled walls, which are hung with art.
Michelin-star Chef Keith Yam is executive chef at Giacomo. In fact, he has had 20 years of experience at some of Hong Kong’s best Italian restaurants.
Before moving to the Crowne Plaza, Chef Yam not only worked at Tosca di Angeló at The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong.
In addition, he worked at 8 ¹⁄₂ Otto e Mezzo Bombana, which has three Michelin stars.
Giacomo serves mouth-watering dishes made from globally sourced seasonal ingredients, which are crafted with light olive oils and sun-kissed herbs and vegetables.
Examples include premium seafood such as Marinated Red Prawn ‘Gambero Rosso’, which comes in a Champagne tomato sauce with Oscietra caviar.
Carnivores will enjoy such meat dishes as the Aveyron Lamb Saddle, which comes in a winter black truffle sauce.
Other recommended dishes include …
- Red Prawn Spaghetti Chitarra – with artisanal hand-made, square-shaped egg pasta and sweet Datterino cherry tomatoes.
- Brittany Blue Lobster Sardinian Gnocchi – the rare blue lobster of north-western France is twinned with traditional Sardinian gnocchi made with durum wheat semolina flour, potato, egg, and seasonal sea urchin from Hokkaido.
- Langoustine – made with matsutake, a delicate Japanese mushroom, and seared sweet and succulent New Zealand langoustine.
- Fassone Tartare – made from Northern Italian veal and winter black truffle and drizzled with Topinambur Jerusalem artichoke and egg emulsion.
Make sure to save room for dessert! Decadent sweets include a refreshing Peach Sorbet, which is made from low-calorie Japanese white peach with blueberry jam.
If you’re not counting calories, opt for the Chocolate and Hazelnut Gelato, made from chocolate shortbread, tuille, custard, and hazelnut cremeux.
The Wine List
Wash it all down with a bottle from Giacomo’s extensive wine list. Not surprisingly, the restaurant is especially strong in award-winning Italian labels. Examples include …
- Tenuta San Guido Sassicaia Bolgheri 2017
- Capichera IGT 2019
- Pietradolce Archineri DOC Etna Bianco 2019,
- Fenocchio Barolo DOCG Annata 2016
- Pietradolce Archineri DOC Etna Rosso 2017
Two, three, and four-course menus are served at lunch. And sommelier wine pairing options are available.
Six-course degustation menus are regularly rotated at dinner. And a sommelier wine pairing option is available.
In addition, there is also an a la carte men.
“Giacomo is the epitome of sophisticated refinement, bringing an exquisite new Italian fine dining experience to Causeway Bay and Hong Kong,” says Crowne Plaza Hong Kong Causeway Bay General Manager Lawrence Chan.
Giacomo Ristorante & Caffe – Crowne Plaza Hong Kong Causeway Bay, G/F, 8 Leighton Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong. Telephone: (852) 3980 3008 and 6425 4918.
- The hotel is a five-minute walk from Times Square and Hysan Place. The Hong Kong Jockey Club and The Hong Kong Cricket Club are also nearby.