Where to Eat in Hong Kong
Langham Hong Kong Afternoon Tea is served at Palm Court, the lobby lounge of The Langham, Hong Kong, a five-star hotel in Kowloon. And many tea connoisseurs consider it one of Hong Kong’s best afternoon teas. Both savory and sweet treats are included.
In This Post
Palm Court is the lobby lounge of The Langham, Hong Kong. And the elegant space features natural stone flooring and painted timber columns.
Palm Court is fashioned after the eponymous lobby lounge at The Langham, London, where afternoon tea was served over 150 years ago.
And it is one of six food and beverage outlets at The Langham, Hong Kong.
Afternoon Tea with Alice Promotion
Palm Court celebrates the 156th anniversary of The Langham, London, with Afternoon Tea with Alice.
To clarify, Lewis Carroll’s classic novel, ‘Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland’, served as inspiration for the Afternoon Tea with Alice’s menu.
So what is the connection? The Langham’s flagship hotel in London opened in 1865. And that is the same year Alice in Wonderland was published.
More importantly, The Langham, London, was the first hotel to serve afternoon tea when it opened on 10 June 1856.
Afternoon Tea with Alice Menu
The Afternoon Tea with Alice includes both sweet and savoury treats.
Sweet Treats include …
- The Botanist Gin Lemon & Lime – Fluffy The Botanist Gin jelly, lime, and lemon curd on the sweet crust
- Classic Trifle – Combination of egg custard, seasonal strawberry, and fresh cream
- “Drink Me” Sticky Toffee Pudding – British traditional dessert served with a pipette of Macallan whisky shot and vanilla custard
- “Eat Me” Macaron Rose-Strawberry – Pink macaron filled with strawberry rose flavoured jam
- “Paint me & Pick me” – Sugar daisy in a chocolate “plant pot”
- Scones – Freshly baked scones paired with Devonshire clotted cream and preserves presented in two flavours, plain and raisin
Savoury treats include …
- Scottish Salmon – Scottish Smoked Salmon and Poached Salmon Sandwich Roll
- Irish Crab – Prawn Cocktail with Irish Crab Finger Sandwich
- Foie Gras Terrine – With Fig Compote on Brioche
- Mushroom Tartlet – Three-layered tartlet, garden salad
Afternoon Tea with Alice can be washed down with a selection of premium loose leaf Jing Teas, a glass of Taittinger Champagne, or a Great to be Gin cocktail.
The set will be served until 31 July 2021.
VIP Sound Bites
Key officials sound off on the Afternoon Tea with Alice promotion . . .
Marcel Holman, the managing director of The Langham, Hong Kong
“The Langham, London was the first hotel to serve afternoon tea when it opened on 10 June 156 years ago in 1865,” Marcel says..
“This afternoon indulgence legacy still lives on today at Palm Court of The Langham, Hong Kong, as our guests continue to enjoy this celebrated tradition with us.
“This indulgence continues to live on in all of The Langham hotels today.”
Nick Heath, Director General of the UK’s Department for International Trade in Hong Kong
“In line with their British heritage, The Langham, Hong Kong’s culinary team has used key British ingredients to create the ‘Afternoon Tea with Alice’ set,” Nick says.
“From farm to fork, at every stage of the food chain, the UK is creating exceptional food and drink that’s landing on plates around the world.
“Whether its quality, taste or value, Hong Kong has long known that British produce and beverages are second to none”.
Palm Court Location
The Langham, Hong Kong – 8 Peking Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong. Telephone: (852) 2132-7898.
The hotel is a short walk from Nathan Road and Canton Road as well as the Tsim Sha Tsui and Tsim Sha Tsui East MTR stations, the Star Ferry, the Hong Kong Cultural Centre, and Ocean Terminal.
The hotel is a short taxi ride from the Hung Hom Railway Station, the Hong Kong Coliseum, Mongkok, and other points on the Kowloon Peninsula.