Samui Kimpton Kitalay is situated in a quiet section of Koh Samui, an island in Southern Thailand. Consequently, the stylish resort offers privacy and seclusion. In fact, it has 138 rooms and villas, five food and beverage outlets, a full-service spa, a 24-hour gym, and a spacious kids’ club. Moreover, it is not far from Samui Airport!
In This Post
Destination Koh Samui
Koh Samui is Thailand’s third-largest island. As a part of the Chumphon Archipelago, it is located off the East Coast of the Thai mainland. And it is sometimes spelled Ko Samui.
Koh Samui is a part of Surat Thani Province. And it is served by Samui Airport. Not only does the airport connect the island to Bangkok and other parts of Thailand. In addition, there are flights to several regional travel destinations.
Click HERE for more travel information on Koh Samui.
Samui Kimpton Kitalay is Koh Samui’s newest resort. It is located overlooking the beach close to the airport. And it is the first Kimpton Hotel to open in Southeast Asia.
There are currently 75 Kimpton hotels in various locations around the world. And another 32 Kimpton properties are in the pipeline.
In fact, Kimpton is one of the more 18 hotel brands that comprise IHG Hotels & Resorts. And it features boutique properties, each with its own distinct personality.
Samui Kimpton Kitalay overlooks Choengmon Beach in northeastern Koh Samui. And it is just minutes from the Koh Samui International Airport.
The resort is built atop suspended platforms. Regarding its design, it has rustic wooden elements crafted from repurposed driftwood. In addition, there are beautiful works of art crafted by local artisans.
Samui Kimpton Kitalay has 138 rooms, suites, and pool villas.. The bathroom floors feature interwoven Thai basketry motifs. And the bathtubs are oversized. Meanwhile, local artworks adorn the walls.
Food and Beverage
The resort has five food and beverage outlets. And each one has a different vibe and a different menu.
- Fish House Restaurant & Bar is the resort’s signature F&B outlet. Overlooking the sea, it an innovative menu of seafood dishes. Finally, it opens for lunch and dinner.
- Lanai Bar & Lounge is the resort’s lobby bar. And it serves finely curated beverages including Thai single-origin coffees, artisanal teas, and locally-produced spirits. In addition, it serves a variety of light bites. As an all-day dining venue, it opens for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Shades Ocean Lounge and Pool Bar overlooks the swimming pool and the beach. And it serves refreshing cocktails, craft beers, and light bites. A DJ spins the discs. As an all-day dining venue, it opens for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Most importantly, it serves complimentary frozen treats every afternoon!
- Boho Thai Lifestyle Cafe features a mouthwatering menu of both classic and contemporary Thai dishes. And it opens for lunch and dinner.
- HOM Baking Company serves freshly baked goods, sandwiches, croissants, specialty teas. and cold press juices. And it opens from early morning until late afternoon.
Resort amenities include a full-service spa. In addition, there is a 24-hour gym. And for families, there is a 500-square meter kids’ club.
VIP Sound Bites
Michael Janssen, General Manager, Kimpton Kitalay Samui sounds off on the newly opened resort:.
“Koh Samui is renowned for its breath-taking beauty and village living, And this inspires the immersive guest experiences – our take on the return of Samui’s way of life, at the resort,” Michael says.
“We are also offering Kimpton’s signature perks including a nightly-hosted Social Hour, the brand’s industry-leading Kimpton Pets Programme, and an approachable luxury experience fueled by a team who champions heartfelt human connections.”
Kimpton Kitalay Samui – 0/79 Moo 5, Bophut, Koh Samui, Surathani, Thailand.
You Might Also Enjoy
- Where to Stay in Koh Samui>>
- A Shore Beach Bar Opens in Koh Samui>>
- Sesun Beach Bar Opens in Koh Samui>>
- In Search of Koh Samui’s Most Romantic Restaurant>>
If You Are Going to Thailand
For More Information
Check out these official government websites for more travel information on Koh Samui and the rest of Thailand.
This post contains affiliate links.