Best place to watch the Cardinals is Busch Stadium in St. Louis. But what if the Cards are playing on the road? Or what if you can’t get (or afford) a ticket to the game? Check out the best St Louis Cardinals bars to watch the game – or hang out before or after the game.
Cardinals Team Overview
The St. Louis Cardinals are a professional baseball team in the United States. And the Cardinals compete in the Central Division of the National League (NL) of Major League Baseball (MLB).
Cardinals Team History
The Cardinals were established in 1882. However, they originally called themselves the St. Louis Stockings. But that name only lasted one year.
They renamed themselves the St. Louis Browns in 1883. And for one season, in 1899, they called themselves the St. Louis Perfectors.
Finally, the baseball team changed its name to the St. Louis Cardinals in 1899. And they have called themselves the Cardinals ever since.
To clarify, there was a football team called the St. Louis Cardinals. And they played home games in St. Louis between 1960 and 1987. But they moved to Phoenix in 1988, when they renamed themselves the Arizona Cardinals.
The St. Louis Cardinals are one of the oldest baseball teams in the United States. And they are also one of the most successful.
In fact, they have won 14 division titles. Not only did they win four American Association (AA) pennants between 1885 and 1888. More importantly, they have won 19 NL Pennants.
Most importantly, the team has 11 World Series titles to its credit!
BTW, the AA was a professional baseball league that existed for 10 seasons between 1882 and 1891.
The St. Louis Cardinals play home games at Busch Stadium, which is located in the heart of downtown St. Louis. Next to the stadium is a commercial and entertainment complex called Ballpark Village.
With more than 100,000 square feet, Ballpark Village is spread across three levels. And it houses some of the best sports bars in St. Louis.
And the largest and best St Louis Cardinals bar is undoubtedly Cardinals Nation. In fact, the sprawling sports bar comprises 30,000 square feet across three levels! And it even has views of the field!
In addition to sports bars, Ballpark Village has several other food and beverage outlets.
And other facilities include a retail store, a Hall of Fame, a Museum, a 338-seat rooftop deck, four concert stages, and an events facility. In fact, there is even a hotel! But more on that in a future post!
Best Cardinals Bars in St. Louis
Here are some of the best restaurants and bars near St. Louis Stadium and other parts of the city.
Because of COVID-19, some of them might be temporarily or permanently closed.
Otherwise, they might not be able to show games or serve alcohol. Therefore, make sure to call first before going!
- Cardinals Nation Restaurant & Bar – 601 Clark Avenue #102, St. Louis, Missouri. Telephone: (314) 345-9880.
- Paddy O’s St. Louis – 618 South 7th Street, St. Louis, Missouri. Telephone: (314) 588-7313. Facebook
- Budweiser Brew House – 601 Clark Avenue #101, St. Louis, Missouri. Telephone: (314) 241-5575. Facebook
- The Bullock Rooftop Bar & Lounge – 799 Clark Avenue, St. Louis, Missouri. Telephone: (314) 597-9700. Facebook
- Kiulroys – 720 South 7th Street, St. Louis, Missouri. Telephone: (314) 681-2880. Facebook
- Bally Sports Live! – 601 Clark Avenue #103, St. Louis, Missouri. Telephone: (314) 241-5588.
- PBR St. Louis – 601 Clark Avenue #202, St. Louis, Missouri. Telephone: (314) 797-7530.
- Sports & Social St. Louis – 651 Clark Avenue, St. Louis, Missouri. Telephone: (314) 797-7530. Facebook
- Liywelyn’s Pub – 1731 South 9th Street, St. Louis, Missouri. Telephone: (314) 436-3255. Facebook
- John D. McGurk’s Irish Pub and Garden – 1200 Russell Blvd, St. Louis, Missouri. Telephone: (314) 776-8309. Facebook
- 101 St. Loius Sports Spirits Sand – 1724 South Broadway, St. Louis, Missouri. Telephone: (314) 621-5400. Facebook
- Henry’s – 825 Allen Avenue, St. Louis, Missouri. Telephone: (314) 240-5868. Facebook
- The Over/Under Bar & Grill – 911 Washington Avenue, St. Louis, Missouri. Telephone: (314) 621-8881. Facebook
- The Post Sports Bar & Grill (Maplewood) – 7372 Manchester Road, St. Louis, Missouri. Telephone: (314) 645-1109. Facebook
Best St. Louis Cardinals Bars in Other Cities
Here are some of the best St Louis Cardinals bars in Chicago and other cities.
The following bars are not necessarily bonafide St Louis Cardinals bars. Nonetheless, they tend to attract Cardis fans on game day.
Because of COVID-19, some of them might be temporarily or permanently closed. Otherwise, they might not be able to show games or serve alcohol.
Therefore, make sure to call first before going! And ask if the sound will be turned on!
- Habrell’s Grill & Sports Bar – 315 Park Central West, Springfield, Missouri. Telephone: (417) 862-0477. Facebook
- Foley’s NY Pub & Restaurant – 18 W. 33rd Street, New York, New York. Telephone: (212) 290-0080. Facebook
- Ironside Bar & Galley– 546 North Wells Street, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (312) 973-7792. .Facebook
A Word to the Wise
While most of these venues tend to attract St. Louis Cardinals fans on game day, there are no guarantees.
First of all, not all baseball games are broadcast. And even when they are, sometimes they won’t turn on the sound. Otherwise, they might show other events. And there is always the chance the venue might be booked for special activities.
Also, fans sometimes migrate to other venues. And bars sometimes close.
Therefore, you should always call ahead to make sure that the game you want to watch will be broadcast.
Your Input on St. Louis Cardinals Bars Wanted
If you have patronized any of these St. Louis Cardinals sports bars, please leave comments (pro or con) in the COMMENT box below.
You can mention the ambiance for St. Louis Cardinals fans. For example, is there team memorabilia on display?
And what about the visibility of TV screens, the resolution, and the quality of the sound? Because some of these places are located near the stadium, do they offer a view of the field?
Finally, how is the food? And what about the service?
Also, please let me know if any of these St. Louis Cardinals watch bars have closed – or if STL fans are no longer having Cardinals watch parties at them.
Your own recommendations on where to watch the St. Louis Cardinals play will also be greatly appreciated! Especially welcome would be Cardinals-friendly sports bars in other cities!