National Football League
Los Angeles Chargers bars. If you can’t make it to the stadium or the Bolts are playing out of town, you probably want to watch the game at a sports bar. Check out the best NFL watch bars in SoCal and elsewhere. Watch football games with liked-minded fans!
UPDATED FOR THE 2020 NFL SEASON!
Chargers Team History
The Los Angeles Chargers are a professional American football team. They play in the West Division of the American Football Conference (AFC) of the National Football League (NFL).
The Chargers were chartered members of the American Football League (AFL). They were founded in 1959. The following year, they started play.
At first, the Chargers played in Los Angeles. Consequently, they called themselves the Los Angeles Chargers. Then they moved to San Diego. As a result of the move, they changed their name to the San Diego Chargers.
When the AFL and NFL merged in 1970, the Chargers became members of the NFL’s west division of the AFC.
Another big change for the Chargers happened in 2016. In that year, the Chargers moved back to Los Angeles. Due to the move, they renamed themselves the Los Angeles Chargers.
While the Los Angeles Chargers currently play home games at Dignity Health Sports Park, they will share SoFi Stadium with the Los Angeles Rams from the 2020 NFL season.
Best Los Angeles Chargers Bars in Southern California
Los Angeles Charger fans the American Junkie in Hermosa Beach, California.
Because Southern California has a lot of transplants, many fans remain loyal to their hometown’s team. Therefore, it can be hard to find bona-fide fan hangouts for local SoCal teams such as the Chargers.
Nonetheless, the following sports bars are considered to be friendly to fans of the Los Angeles Chargers. Are any of them are full fledged Charger hangouts?
While sports bars sometimes close, sports fans often migrate to other establishments. Not only that, sometimes bars decide to broadcast other events!
So always call ahead to make sure the bar is going to broadcast the game you want to watch.
- American Junkie – 68 Pier Avenue, Hermosa Beach, California. Telephone: (310) 376-4412.
- Paragon Bar and Grill – 8319 Louise Avenue, Northridge, California. Telephone: (818 (996-3353.
- Joseph’s Bar & Grill– 11032 Downey Avenue, Downey, California. Telephone: (562) 869-1255.
- Dave & Busters – 400 South Baldwin Avenue, Arcadia, California. Telephone: (626) 802-6115.
- The Eldo – 3014 North Studebaker Road, Long Beach, California. Telephone: (562) 421-4595.
- Q’s Billiard Club and Restaurant – 11835 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, California. Telephone: (310) 477-7550.
- McGregor’s Grill and Ale House – 10475 San Diego Mission Road, San Diego, California. Telephone: (619) 282-9797.
- Copper Mine – 21733 Ventura Blvd Woodland Hills, California. Telephone: (818) 436-2814.
Where to Watch the Los Angeles Chargers in Other Parts of the Country
While not necessarily exclusive Los Angeles Chargers hangouts, the following sports bars often attract Charger fans on game day.
But always call ahead to make sure the game with will broadcast!
- Scallywags – 508 Ninth Avenue (between 38th & 39th Streets), New York, New York. – “Home of the Chargers!” Telephone: ( 646) 490-4803.
- Connoly’s Sports Grill – 2605 West Carefree Highway, Phoenix, Arizona. Telephone: (623) 879-5997.
- Irish Eyes – 2519 North Lincoln, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (773) 348-9548.
- Dram Shop – 3040 North Broadway, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (773) 549-4401.
- Double Wide Bar & Southern Kitchen – 505 East 12th Street, New York, New York. Telephone: (917) 261-6461.
- The Swinging Door – 106 East 25th Avenue, San Mateo, California. Telephone: (650) 522-9800.
Your Feedback on Los Angeles Chargers Bars Wanted
If you have patronized any of these Los Angeles Chargers bars, please leave comments (pro or con) in the COMMENT box below.
First of all, you can mention the ambiance for L. A. Charger fans. For example, are Chargers pennants or team memorabilia on display?
Furthermore, how many TV screens are there? How big are they? And are they easily visible?
In the same vein, what is the quality of the sound? Above all, is the sound turned on? Some bars show games, but they don’t turn on the sound. Or the sound is set so low you can hardly hear it. Certainly, that can be a big disappointment.
In addition, how is the food? And what about the service? In short, would you recommend the bar to other Los Angeles Charger fans?
Most importantly, please let me know if any of these Chargers watch bars have closed. Either that, or if L.A. fans are no longer watching Charger games at them.
Also, your own recommendations on where to watch the Los Angeles Chargers play will also be greatly appreciated!