Major League Baseball
The Chicago Cubs haven't won a National League pennant in more than seven decades. They have only won the World Series twice, and that was more than 110 years ago. Could 2016 be their year?
The Chicago Cubs play in the Central division of the National League of Major League Baseball (MLB). They are one of two teams representing Chicago.
The Chicago White Sox play in the Central division of MLB's American League.
Established in 1876, the Chicago Cubs – originally known as the White Stockings – were renamed the Chicago Cubs in 1903.
The team was one of the founding members of the National League.
The Chicago Cubs have won two East Division titles, four Central Division Titles, and 16 National League pennants.
The Chicago Cubs haven’t won a National League championship, however, since 1945. The last time they won a World Series was in 1908.
The Chicago Cubs have suffered the longest drought in Major League Baseball.
Could 2016 be their year?
Affectionately know as the Friendly Confines, Wrigley Field is one of the most iconic ballparks in Major League Baseball.
It is the oldest baseball stadium in the National League and the second oldest in Major League Baseball. Only Fenway Park in Boston is older.
If you can't get tickets to watch games in the stadium, you can still watch them in person from the roof tops of 11 nearby buildings, which can be rented by groups.
Maybe the Cub are playing on the road, and maybe you don't live in Chicago.
A list sports bars follows. Some are Cubs hangouts, and others are friendly to Cubs fans.
Where to Watch the Chicago Cubs Play Baseball
- Murphy’s Bleachers – 3655 North Sheffield, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (773) 281-5356. Social Media: Facebook – Twitter – Instagram
- Casey Moran’s – 3660 North Clark Street, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (773) 755-4444. Social Media: Facebook – Twitter
- Wrigley Roof Tops – West Waveland and North Sheffield avenues, across from Wrigley Field, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (773) 248-7663. Social Media: Facebook – Twitter
- The Chicago Cubby Bear – 1059 West Addison, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (773) 327-1662. Social Media: Twitter
- Brando’s Chicago Style Pizza and Sports Bar – 3725 Blue Diamond Road, Las Vegas, Nevada. Telephone: (702) 896-6018. Social Media: Facebook
- Kelley’s – 12 Avenue A, New York, New York. Telephone: (212) 388-14a64.Social Media: Facebook – Twitter
- Ivy and Coney – 1537 Seventh Street, NW, Washington, DC. Telephone: (202) 670-9489. Social Media: Facebook – Twitter
- Tinhorn Flats – 2623 West Magnolia Boulevard, Burbank, California. Telephone: (818) 567-2470. Social Media: Facebook – Twitter – Instagram
- The Bar on Dolores – 1600 Dolores Street, San Francisco, California. Telephone: (415) 695-1745. Website: The Bar on Dolores
- Wrigley’s Chicago Bar and Grill – 18200 West Colfax Avenue, Golden, Colorado. Telephone: (303) 277-1551. Social Media: Facebook
Your Help Wanted
Bars sometimes close and sometimes fans switch loyalties to other establishments. Please post corrections in the Comment Box below.
Please also feel free to post information about other sports bars friendly to Chicago Cubs fans in the Comment Box.
Where to Eat and Stay in Chicago, Illinois
To find the perfect place to eat:
To find the perfect place to stay: