National Basketball Association
Best place to watch the Bulls is United Center in Chicago, Illinois. But what if the Bulls are playing on the road? Or what if you can’t get (or afford) a ticket to the game? Check out the best Chicago Bulls bars to watch the game in the company of other Bulls fans. See Red!
Chicago Bulls Team History
The Chicago Bulls are a professional basketball team in the United States. They play in the Central Division of the Eastern Conference of the National Basketball Association.
The Bulls are one of the most successful sports franchises in the history of the United States.
To start with, the Chicago Bulls were established in 1966. The Bulls have won nine division titles.
The team has also won six conference titles. Most noteworthy, the Bulls went on to win six NBA championships. All of the championships were won in the 1990s. In fact, they were a dynasty.
Due to the success of the Bulls in that decade, the team attracted a global following. In addition, they also helped to popularize the sport of basketball around the world.
The Chicago Bulls play home games at United Center in Chicago, Illinois. Moreover, they share the multi-use arena with the Chicago Blackhawks of the National Hockey League.
Best Chicago Bulls Bars in the Windy City
Here are 10 of the best sports bars and restaurants in Chicago where you can be loud, wear red and black, and root for the Bulls.
However, you should call ahead to make sure they will show the game and that the sound will be turned on.
Run with Us!
- The Ogden – 1659 West Ogden Avenue, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (312) 226-1888. §
- Ironside Bar & Galley – 546 North Wells Street, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (312) 973-7792.
- Rizzo’s Bar & Inn – 3658 North Clark Street, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (773) 799-8161. §
- Joe’s Bar on Weed Street – 940 West Weed Street, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (312) 523-2205. §
- Municipal Bar – 216 West Ohio Street, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (312) 951-2125. §
- The Crossroads Bar & Grill – 1120 West Madison Avenue, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (312) 243-1113. §
- Standard Bar & Grill – 1332 North Milwaukee, Avenue, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (773) 904-8815. §
- The Beer Bistro – 1061 West Madison Street, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (312) 433-0013.
- Old Town Pour House – 1419 North Wells Street, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (312) 477-2800.
- Piece Brewery and Pizzeria – 1927 West North Avenue, Chicago, Illinois. Telephone: (773) 772-4422.
§ indicates an official Bulls Bar
Best Chicago Bulls Bars in Other Cities
Here are some spots in other cities popular with Bulls fans. However, you should call ahead to make sure they will show the game and that the sound will be turned on.
- Black Bear Tavern – 1931 Peachtree Road NE, Atlanta, Georgia. Telephone: (404) 355-9089. – “ATL’s Official Chicago Headquarters”
- Kelly’s Sports Bar – 12 Avenue A, New York, New York. Telephone: (212) 388-1464.
- Hob Nob Sports Bar and Grill – 7200 West Chandler Boulevard, Chandler, Arizona. “Arizona’s Home for Chicago Sports”
bulls, bears, sox, cubs
Black Bear Tavern – 1931 Peachtree Road NE, Atlanta, Georgia. Telephone: (404) 355- 9089. – “ATL’s Official Chicago Headquarters – Never Miss a Single Game”
Brando’s Sportsbar – 3725 Blue Diamond Road, Las Vegas, Nevada. Telephone: (702) 896-6018. “Chicagoans in the Desert”
ALL CHICAGO TEAMS
Mac’s Place Pub & Grub – 215 East Bay Street, Charleston, South Carolina. Telephone: (843) 793-4653. – “The official South Carolina bar for the Chicago Blackhawks. No one else in the state can say that.”
ALL CHICAGO TEAMS
ALL Chicagon teams
Tin Horn Flats – 2623 West Magnolia Blvd, Burbank, California. Telephone: (818) 567-2470.
The Bar on Dolores – 1600 Dolores Street, San Francisco, California. (415) 695-1745.
bulls, bears, cubs, white sox,
Rosie O’Grady’s – 3402 Adams Avenue, San Diego, California. Telephone: (619) 284-7666.
all chicago teams
Friendly Confines Sports Restaurant and Bar – Lake Mary, Winter Park, and Altameontre Mall, Florida.
Chicago Cubs Bears & Blackhawks
Joey D’s Chicago Style Eatery – 211 North Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, Florida. Telephone: (941) 364-9900. And five other locations.
All Chicago teams
Buford’s – 700 West 6th Street, Austin, Texas. Telephone: (512) 545-5505.
ALL CHICAGO TEAMS
Ivy and Coney – 1537 – 7th Street NW, Washington, DC. Telephone: (202) 6709-IVY.
ALL CHICAGO AND DETROIT TEAMS
A Word to the Wise
While some of these venues are official Chicago Bulls hangouts, that does not mean they will broadcast every Bulls game.
In addition, fans sometimes migrate to other bars. Sometimes bars close. And sometimes they are booked for special events.
Therefore, you should always call ahead to make sure that the game you want to watch will be broadcast.
Your Input on Chicago Bulls Bars Wanted
If you have patronized and of the above mentioned Chicago Bulls sports bars, please leave comments (pro or con) in the COMMENT box below.
You can mention the ambiance for Chi-Town sports fans, the visibility of TV screens, the quality of the sound, the food, the service – whatever!
For example, do they service Chicago dogs or Polish hot dogs? Are the pizzas thin crust or deep dish? And what about the beer? Is Goose Island on tap?
Also, please let me know if any of these Chicago Bulls watch bars have closed – or if Chicago fans are no longer watching Bulls games at them.
Your own recommendations on where to watch the Chicago Bulls play will also be greatly appreciated! Especially welcome would be Bulls-friendly sports bars in other cities.
Finally, please send photos of fans at Chicago Bulls sports bars to be added to this post!
This list of the best Chicago Bulls sports bars is part of a series of posts on sports bars for fans of NBA teams. This post contains affiliate links.