Bali Travel Basics
Bali is a large island in Indonesia. Also, it is Indonesia’s most popular travel destination.
In fact, tourism accounts for 80% of the Balinese economy. The island’s unique culture, breathtaking scenery, and hospitable people are among its key attractions.
This Practical Guide to Bali is a quick reference guide for travelers planning a visit to the Island of the Gods
Table of Contents
- Introduction – A quick look at what makes Bali special.
- When to Go – A quick look at the weather, peak and low seasons, and key events.
- How to Get There – A quick look at the airport and the airlines serving the island.
- Passports and Visas – Basic information on needed travel documents and which nationalities are issued free visas on arrival.
- Practical Matters – Basic information on currency, electricity, tipping, how much alcohol and cigarettes you can bring, and other practical matters.
- Staying Safe (Beware of Hidden Pitfalls) – A look at some of the hidden pitfalls that seasoned travelers might not take into consideration.
- Books and Travel Guides – A review of three travel guides, one novel, and one non-fiction book on Balinese culture.
The Practical Guide to Bali contains affiliate links. If you book something through one of these links, I will receive a small commission – at no extra cost to you. This will help cover the post of maintaining this blog.