National Basketball Association
Best place to watch the Lakers is Staples Center in downtown L.A. But what if the Lakers are playing on the road? Or what if you can’t get (or afford) a ticket to the game? Check out the best Los Angeles Lakers bars to watch the game in the company of other Laker fans.
In This Post
Lakers Team History
The Los Angeles Lakers are a professional basketball team in the United States.
The Lakers compete in the Pacific Division of the Western Conference of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
The Lakers were established in 1947. Originally, the team was based in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Because Minnesota is known as “The Land of Lakes,” the team was named Minneapolis Lakers.
When the franchise moved to Los Angeles, California, in 1960, it became the Los Angeles Lakers.
Perhaps the team kept the name because it created an alliteration. In fact, both Los Angeles and Lakers begin with an “L”!
The Lakers were very successful in Minneapolis. Likewise, they have been very successful in Los Angeles.
The team has won 23 division titles, 31 conference titles, and 16 NBA championships.
First of all, the Lakers won five NBA championships in Minneapolis. Another 11 championships were won in Los Angeles.
The Lakers are one of two NBA teams based in Los Angeles. Likewise, the Los Angeles Clippers also call the City of Angels home.
Other professional sports teams based in Greater Los Angeles include two football teams, two baseball teams, and two ice hockey teams.
For example, the Los Angeles Rams and the Los Angeles Chargers play in the National Football League (NFL).
Secondly, the Los Angeles Dodgers and the Los Angeles Angles of Anaheim play in Major League Baseball (MLB).
Finally, the Los Angeles Kings and the Anaheim Ducks play in the National Hockey League (NHL).
The Los Angeles Lakers play home games at Staples Center.
In addition to the Lakers, the Los Angeles Clippers, the Los Angeles Kings, and the Los Angeles Sparks of the Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA) also play home games at the arena.
Located in downtown Los Angeles, the multi-purpose arena sits next to the Los Angeles Convention Center. The multi-use facility opened in 1999.
Best Los Angeles Lakers Bars in Southern California
The following sports bars and restaurants are popular with Los Angeles Laker fans.
However, you should always call ahead to make sure they will show the game. Also, ask if they will turn on the sound.
- Trophy Wife – 3715 Evans Street West, Los Angeles, California.Tel: (323) 486-7782. Facebook
- LAces – 125 North Western Avenue #108, Los Angeles, California. Tel: (323) 498-5098. Facebook
- General Admission – 3311 Cahuenga Blvd, Los Angeles, California. Tel: (323) 963-5011. Facebook
- 3rd Base – 1562 North Cahuenga Blvd, Los Angeles, California. Tel: (323) 645-7470. Facebook
- Berkshire House – 143 North La Brea Avenue, Fairfax, California. Tel: (323) 297-3006. Facebook
- Electric Owl – 1451 North Gardner Street, Hollywood, California. Tel: (323) 545-6565. Facebook
- The Village Idiot – 7383 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles, California. Tel: (323) 655-3331. Facebook
- The Morrison – 3179 Los Feliz Blvd, Alwater Village, California. Tel: (323) 667-1839. Facebook
- Fishbar – 3801 Highland Avenue, Manhattan Beach, California. Tel: (310) 796-0200. Facebook
- Wirsthaus – 45 North La Brea Avenue, Fairfax, California. Tel: (323) 931-9211. Facebook
Best Los Angeles Lakers Bars in Other Cities
Here are some sports bars and restaurants popular with Los Angeles Lakers fans in other parts of the country.
While these venues often show Lakers, there are no guarantees.
Therefore, you should call ahead to make sure they will show the game and that the sound will be turned on.
A Word to the Wise
These venues tend to attract Los Angeles Lakers fans on game day. However, some venues can be fickle.
Sometimes they won’t turn on the sound. Other times they might show other events. And there is always the chance the venue might be booked for special events.
Also, fans sometimes migrate to other venues. And bars sometimes close.
Therefore, you should always call ahead to make sure that the game you want to watch will be broadcast.
Your Input on Los Angeles Lakers Bars Wanted
If you have patronized any of these Los Angeles Lakers sports bars, please leave comments (pro or con) in the COMMENT box below.
You can mention the ambiance for Los Angeles Lakers fans, the visibility of TV screens, the quality of the sound, the food, the service – whatever!
Also, please let me know if any of these L.A. Lakers watch bars have closed – or if L.A. fans are no longer watching Lakers games at them.
Your own recommendations on where to watch the Los Angeles Lakers play will also be greatly appreciated! Especially welcome would be Laker-friendly sports bars in other cities!
Where to Stay in Los Angeles
To find the perfect place to stay:
You Might Also Enjoy …
- MLB – Top 10 Los Angeles Dodgers Bars>>
- NBA – Top 10 Los Angeles Lakers Bars>>
- NFL – Top 10 Los Angeles Rams Bars>>
- NHL – Top 10 Los Angeles Kings Bars>>
- NBA – Top 10 Los Angeles Clippers Sports Bars>>
- NFL – Top 10 Los Angeles Chargers Bars>>
- MLB – Top 10 Los Angeles Angels Bars>>
- NHL – Top 10 Anaheim Ducks Bars>>
This list of the best Los Angeles Lakers sports bars is part of a series of posts on sports bars for fans of NBA teams. This post contains affiliate links.